Wednesday, December 17, 2014

SEA....Hawks!

I was going to write an article for Onhergame.com about the Seahawks game this week (especially since we played our rivals, the 49ers, and my favorite khaki-clad coach, Jim Harbaugh), but it's just not as much fun to make fun of them when they are no longer in playoff contention. 


So on that note, I decided to answer a more personal question... a question I literally get asked at EVERY game.  Why (as a woman) do I enjoy football games so much? And where the heck are the boys in my family?

You see, every woman has stress in her life, especially us working moms with super busy kids.  And every so often, (i.e. every other Sunday or so), you deserve a break.  You deserve a break from life, and laundry, and responsibility.  While my sister would call these days "mountain climbing day", I call them "Seahawks Sunday". 


It took me a long time to realize this, but my two boys are not traumatized for life if I spend a few hours a week away from them.  In fact, they enjoy their own time.

And as for me, I get a day to forget about life....to forget I have a sick mom, a stressful job, and way too much Xmas shopping left to do. :)

I get a day to scream at the top of my lungs, and people actually encourage it.


So ladies, give yourself a break every once in a while.  And if you're a football fan like me, I'd recommend picking a good team (let's face it, we all look good in blue and green).

# GoHawks 


No comments:

Post a Comment